Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Using PowerPoint in My Career
Powerpoint is a very useful tool. It is fairly easy to use and is more or less universally available. I have used it many times for educational and professional applications. I have used it to make many presentations and found it to be essential in many respects because it is the standard.
I do not have my own laptop anymore and find that if I must give a presentation I must create it (or at least export it) in PPT because that is what will be available to me. I prefer to use Keynote - Apple's presentation creation software. It is easier to use and the end product is typically more appealing. A nice feature of the software is that it exports well to PPT format. The end product needs to be well tested though because PPT does not support some of the animation that Keynote can create and some of the graphics and text might be out of alignment.
I know this is not the best solution but it works for me and in fact I must get working on a presentation for an upcoming conference.
I do not have my own laptop anymore and find that if I must give a presentation I must create it (or at least export it) in PPT because that is what will be available to me. I prefer to use Keynote - Apple's presentation creation software. It is easier to use and the end product is typically more appealing. A nice feature of the software is that it exports well to PPT format. The end product needs to be well tested though because PPT does not support some of the animation that Keynote can create and some of the graphics and text might be out of alignment.
I know this is not the best solution but it works for me and in fact I must get working on a presentation for an upcoming conference.