Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

PowerPoint Ain't So Bad ...

I have used PowerPoint many times to give presentations. I have never been very keen on the software. I make the simplest slides and despite my background avoid animation. It was a tool I used grudgingly until Apple's Keynote arrived. I like Keynote's interface better and my slide presentations tend to be so simple that I don't need some of the admittedly cool and useful features in PowerPoint. I will use it if I have to do a more eloborate presentation.

My next presentation will likely be the ACE conference in Quebec. I will be making two presentations at the conference and the development of these I hope to incorporate into this class.

Comments:
Our interests are that you increase your technology skills as relevant to your workplace. If you wish to develop your presentations in Keynote... that is fine. Find a way to do something new in Keynote that you hadn't learned before (maybe in the new version) and do that. You don't HAVE to use PowerPoint... use whatever will develop your skill most!
 
"admittedly cool"... I like that! :) I'm sure you're quite familiar with some of the formatting issues when creating on a MAC, then presenting/opening on a PC. Since I'm sure you want to look "way cool"... during your ACE presentation... create it on a MAC, but make sure everything looks just right on a PC! I've noticed some strange characters when a MAC and PC attempt to play together! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?